Randomness

27 February 2007

So I Guess I Should Be Dating Midgets

I am by no means short (Well, I do not consider myself short; Only a couple friends tower over me in height). I am not tall, but I am not short.

Since the age of 13, I have been 5' 8". Since moving down to Virginia, I have grown somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 inch. So I guess I am 5' 8.25".

According to Wikipedia, I am shorter than average for an American male, but taller than the average for a Chinese male (I will also note that my family is from southern China, where the people tend to be shorter because there was less mix with Mongol blood).

So why all this discussion?

Last night, I was talking to a friend and she was telling me about her ideal guy (don't get me started on how it came up), and she said she wanted a guy who is 5' 10" or taller. This girl is maybe 5'. When I questioned her on the disparity of height, she said that every guy should tower over his girl (and subsequently implying that I am short).

I know we were speaking in the hypothetical ideal sense, but by using this girl's logic, the height of a girl who could possibly consider me to be of ideal height is 4' 10". 4' 10" is the upper limit for someone to be considered a midget; Yes, if you are 4' 10" or shorter, you are legally considered a midget.

So I guess I should be dating midgets.

Normally such a statement would be used as an away message and everything would be forgotten, but this girl started to really irk me when she started to then bitch and moan about how guys hold girls to "impossible standards, like being skinny with big boobs and a phat ass."

Impossible standards. Really? The average girl I know wants a tall white guy.

Without even touching the race card, all I wanted to say was:

IT IS A LOT EASIER FOR YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT THAN FOR ME TO GROW TALLER!

But I didn't and it was probably for the best. Now that I got that off my chest, I can continue on my day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home